-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lazy loading of fileds
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:21 am 

Hi,

Is it possible to load the fields (selected fields in a domain object..ex..Blob fileds).

I have a student table and want to display all the students names and ID with a condition (ID < 100 or some other condition). Each student record has a blob field which holds the pic of the student and this pic is more than 2MB in size. If i load all the records from the query it may load 200MB+ data into the memory. I want to delay the loading of the image until i select a student and click on the image icon.

How to get this working.

Thanks for your time.
Tom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:56 am 
Regular
Regular

Hi,

If you are talking about lazy property fetching, it's not supported yet, this is the Hibernate doc:
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/re ... properties

Best regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:35 am 

Thanks for the reply..

I found a way to retrieve only selected fields..

http://www.roseindia.net/hibernate/proj ... ions.shtml

But this approach is giving rows in object array.

Is there any better way where i can get Domain objects with few field set, and few fields lazily loaded.

Thanks
Tom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:04 am 

Would be really nice to know. I have the exact same problem.

I have an Entity "File" that has a field of type Blob and a field with the size of the Blob. When I want to count the total size of all files, Hibernate would load all Blobs. Quiet stupid to do so.

What do you think about a OneToOne-Association with Lazy-Fetching?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:30 am 
Regular
Regular

By the way, you can be a little tricky with this issue. In some cases you can create a entity "File" without the blog property, and later when you need to load a blob you request as a query.

At this moment, the Castle proxy need to support interception by field to support this feature, not only by property.

Best regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:00 pm 

If you are working with files of 2MB+ you may want to consider streaming the data. Check this out:

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=995551

I'm trying to get a discussion going around some new Blob and Clob types.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]