-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Metadata?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:58 pm 

Is there an equivalent of JDBC Metadata for getting all tables in the schema for example?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Metadata?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:28 pm 
Expert
Expert

I am not sure if I understand the problem correctly but you can call getAllClassMetadata from a hibernate SessionFactory instance. That will only tell you about the modeled classes though.

Farzad-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:38 pm 

SessionFactory? I'm not using those yet. I'm basically a newbie and so far I'm working with EntityManagers.

The method you mention should do the trick but how I build the SessionFactory from the EntityManager?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:44 pm 
Expert
Expert

javydreamercsw wrote:
SessionFactory? I'm not using those yet. I'm basically a newbie and so far I'm working with EntityManagers.

The method you mention should do the trick but how I build the SessionFactory from the EntityManager?

Get ahold of the EntityManagerFactory and cast it to HibernateEntityManagerFactory. That should give you the SessionFactory. However, your code will be implementation dependent which I guess is fine in this case.

Farzad-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:46 pm 

What you mean by implementation dependent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:50 pm 
Expert
Expert

javydreamercsw wrote:
What you mean by implementation dependent?

EntityManager is a part of JPA spec. HibernateEntityManager is a part of hibernate. With pure JPA code hypothetically you can switch between any JPA prodiver. However, this becomes a little harder when you use hibernate classses and annotations (implementation dependent). Nonetheless, this is more or less inevitable. You will most likely end up using some hibernate annotations or a hibernate class here and there.

Farzad-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:56 pm 

Thanks for the help I think this will do the trick. Have a nice weekend!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]