-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Execute statement and some business logic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:51 am 

I apologize for having posted this initially to the wrong group. It's a .NET issue.

Hi,

I have a couple of problems and I've been banging my head against the wall. I need to do some simple operations that I think any business application can have...nothing out of the ordinary.

When I create a new customer, I have a custom method to obtain a numerator (it's not the ID and I don't want to use generator). Is it not possible to just execute a statement? Soemthing like "update x set y=y+1"? Forget even returning the result. Can't I just execute a direct SQL statement? I just don't see myself having to create a numerator class, the class mapping and do things like:

Numerator numerator = new Numerator();
int value = numerator.GetNextNumerator();
session.Update(numerator);

where GetNextNumerator gets a ID and then increments it. It's just an overkill.

My other problem is with transactions. If I have a sequence generator in the ID, TransactionScope fails with cannot open data connection. I have to use Begin/End Transaction.

Also, even if I rollback my transaction, my generator in Firebird is still updated.

I'm really close to throwing in the towel with NH and I don't want to :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:44 am 
Contributor
Contributor

You can create your own ID generator implementing IIdentifierGenerator.
Any way, before do that take a look to all generators NH have because I think that you don't need to create another one (your generator sound like TableGenerator).

In order to your "transaction problem" I think you are wrong. In general the ID generator work out of transaction-scope (I mean when you are working with real POID outside business).
http://www.crionics.com/products/openso ... bjects.pdf

Bye.

P.S. Take a look to our others forums too
http://www.hibernate.org/365.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]