-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to describe this scheme
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:20 pm 

hi,

I am new to hibernate. After some reading and practise, I have got a basice understanding of hibernate and currently develeping a little application use it. However, I encounter a problem and don't know how to deal with it.

In my application, there is a table A(id,...) and B(id,...),and a many to many jointable C(a_id,b_id). This is quite simple, and the code fragment is something as following:

@Entity
@Table(name = "A")
public class Item extends BaseObject {
private Long id;

private Set<B> bs = new HashSet<B>();

@Id
@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO)
public Long getId() {
return id;
}

@ManyToMany(fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
@JoinTable(name = "C", joinColumns = { @JoinColumn(name = "A_id") }, inverseJoinColumns = @JoinColumn(name = "B_id"))
public Set<B> getBs() {
return bs;
}

}

Now, I need to add a new column to table C, which produce C(a_id,b_id,Commments).

Since C is a join table, there are no class definiton for it in my application, what should I do?

I think this is a common scene in many applicaton, so there must be some ways to achieve this in hibernate.

Any suggestion is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: How to describe this scheme
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:51 pm 
Expert
Expert

You will need to define the relation as an entity itself. After that you can assign fields to the association. Take a look at this post http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=981882&highlight=

Somewhere in the middle I did a little test that does something similar to this. That should answer your question.

Farzad-[/url]

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:07 pm 

Yes, I'm trying a new plan, use 2 1tomany associatians: A->C, B->C. That seems fit into my need, and I can have a POJO mapped to C now.

:-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]