-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Linq and NHibernateContext class
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:37 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hibernate version:2.0 - alpha???

I am experimenting linq library and noticed that the NHibernateContext class has only one constructor. I have to pass an ISession object to it that will be
disposed inside the dispose of NHibernateContext class.

My question is.Should NHibernateContext dispose method disposes the session? I already have the code to dispose the session after I finish using it.

Note: I'm keeping and getting my sessions with thread context and it is
messing with it after I use linq queries.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:29 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I'll explain why this question is here. I sent it to directly to Ayende and he asked me to put it here. I thought he would like to answer it here because many people could read it. Now I think he asked that because it's a dumb question and anyone could answer me.

For who is interested in the subject I'll explain it better. I got Ayende's library to translate Linq to NHibernate. It's not complete yet but I wanted to do some tests. There is a class called NHibernateContext and the constructor expects an ISession object as parameter. Here is the Dispose method of this class.

public virtual void Dispose()
{
if ( session != null )
{
session.Dispose();
session = null;
}
}

I already have a method to dispose my session and I believe everybody has.
I thought I could create a new session only to use with linq but I'm not sure it's gonna work. Also I don't want to evict or pass objects from one session to another.

That's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:52 am 
Beginner
Beginner

OK. I found a bug in my code. I've declared a static variable that was holding the session and this was messing with everything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]