-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mapping Entities to Index Structures by XML files planned ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:20 am 

Hibernate Search:
Right now mapping entities to index structures is only possible by
java annotations. Are there plans to enhance Hibernate Search so that
these mappings can be defined by the classical Hibernate XML mapping files ?
I prefer to generate the pojos from the XML mapping files and do not intend
to edit generated pojo code, i.e to enhance it by annotations for Hibernate search.
Thanks in advance for an answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:22 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

A user is interested in providing a patch for that. I'm not sure how far he went yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:17 pm 

I also require this feature! I am currently using annotations, however as I use many core entities (Contact, Address, etc) from a shared library and the search requirements often differ on a per application basis this is really an issue.

Any news on an implementation? Otherwise I guess I will just have to provide one. The only issue there is when looking at the SearchFactroyImpl, FullTextIndexEventListener and DocumentBuilder it seems like I would have to duplicated quite a lot of code to be able to provide an implementation. Although making few methods protected would really help such as DocumentBuilder.initializeMembers called from the DocumentBuilder constructor.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]