-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trouble with a property of System.Type
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:29 am 

Hibernate version: 1.2.10

I had a class with a property of the System.String type. I had a test which stores a few objects into a DB and then finds one using an ICriteria. Then I changed the type of the property to System.Type (of course, changing type of value in search criteria). And the test broke.

Investigating the problem I found:
1) The property is stored in the DB as nvarchar(255) represented as AssemblyQualifiedName (the converting is done NHibernate.Type.TypeType.ToString).
2) Processing the search criteria the search value is replaced by a string containing a type descriptor (it's done in NHibernate.Loader.Criteria.CriteriaQueryTranslator.GetTypedValue).

It seems to be a bug, doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:04 pm 

I have the same issue, and found an earlier post with the same error (http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=977350). The other guy is using ActiveRecord, and so am I, but this seems to be NHibernate related.

Anyone got any suggestion how to fix this? I can provide logs etc if needed.

/Gustav

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]