-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: DB2 390 Dialect and Sequences
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:23 pm 

This happened on 3.2.0 and 3.2.5. I couldn't get Sequence to work with DB2 390 (Z/OS). Here is the exception:
com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -142, SQLSTATE: 42612, SQLERRMC: null

According to the DB2 doc, this means "The SQL Statement is not supported". Reviewed the error messages with the DBA, it looks like the SQL statement that Hibernate is trying to execute:

values nextval for <schema.sequence>

is supported for DB2 UDB on Windows and Linux, but on Z/OS it must be:

select next value for <schema.sequence> from sysibm.sysdummy1;

I think this is a bug. I got around it by extending DB2390Dialect and overriding the getSequenceNextValString() method:

public class DB2390DialectSequenceFix extends DB2390Dialect {

public String getSequenceNextValString(String sequenceName) {
return "select next value for " + sequenceName + " from sysibm.sysdummy1;";
}

}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:53 pm 

Pete,

Check your configuration, I am using a DB2/s390 and it works fine for me selecting from sysibm.sysdummy1.

Tom

Post subject: Re: DB2 390 Dialect and Sequences
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:49 am 

I confirm what PeteZybrick writes. Are there any differences in the DB2-Versions on z/OS? It's DB2 9 here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]