-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [HibernateSearch] Stored fields still part of HQL-query...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:16 pm 

I realize that it does not matter much if I store several fields (from my object graph) in the Lucene index. The HQL-query following shortly after the Lucene index-lookup still selects on those fields and joins on those associations although it really should not have to (all data should be available already).

Projections will let me avoid hitting the DB, but forces me to populate the entire object graph myself (or is there some clever way that I don't know of?)

To avoid DB-roundtrips (and expensive joins) it would be insanely nice to have this support in Hibernate Search. Is it in the pipeline or is it already supported (in some way that I haven't found out yet)?

Thankful for feedback on this,
Tobias

Post subject: Re: [HibernateSearch] Stored fields still part of HQL-query.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:00 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Toby451 wrote:
To avoid DB-roundtrips (and expensive joins) it would be insanely nice to have this support in Hibernate Search. Is it in the pipeline or is it already supported (in some way that I haven't found out yet)?

You understand that instead of DB-Roundtrips and expensive joins, you would end up with Index-Roundtrips (no joins but more roundtrips) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:16 pm 

Yes ... of course. :) Still I think that would be a gain in our application, certainly so when the application layer is distributed while the backing DB is not. But we there's of course alot of other options to avoid hitting the db.

Thanks for feedback anyway. Our team enjoy the simplicity of Hibernate Search much. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:43 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

If you really need that, I think a local MySQL DB (local to your app deployment), replicated from a master DB is more what you're looking for. Isn't it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]