-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reconnecting to database after connection lost
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:04 pm 

Ok, I looked in the FAQ and in the documentation and either I am blind, or I am not looking very well.

I need to implement database reconnection if the database goes down. I have a standalone application (not running under an app server) and if the database goes dow, I want it to try to connect periodically until the database is available again.

I am sure that this is simple to do, but I can't find where to do it.

I am using JPA to manage persistence.

Hibernate version: hibernate3-2.5, annotations 3.3.0, entitymanager 3.3.1, ejb3-persistence 3.0

Name and version of the database you are using: Postgres 8.2

This is probably documented somewhere already, and I'm just not using the right keywords.

Thanks,

L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:38 pm 

After more searching, it looks like c3p0 is the way to go.

I added the itle_test property and the c3p0.jar to my class path ad it seems to work.

More extensive testingis needed, though.

L

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]