-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate-commons-annotations hell with maven
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:15 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I assumed if I'd want to use hibernate entitymanager with annotations and the core as a dependency on my project, I could add this to my POM:

Code:
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
  <artifactId>hibernate-entitymanager</artifactId>
  <version>3.3.1.ga</version>
</dependency>

Appearently this isn't enough.

I've tried to look around the forums but I got even more confused. They mention different versions of this jar released under the same name and version number, dependencies confused in published jboss pom files and even mentioned using jboss-archive-browsing as a dependency with excluding the entitymanager's default dependency..... I feel no way digging out myself from this alone.

My question is: What's the proper way of configuring hibernate entitymanager 3.3.1ga via maven2 using the official jboss repository?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:22 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Can you point me the flawed POM file in the Jboss maven2 repository.
I did not do the job, so I imagine someone messed up the dependencies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:41 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Trying to check this, I'm getting even more confused. I created a fresh project to get rid of all other repositories and possible side effects.

Using the jboss repo only, this dependency:

Code:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>hibernate-entitymanager</groupId>
      <artifactId>hibernate-entitymanager</artifactId>
      <version>3.2.1.GA</version>
    </dependency>

doesn't even declare any dependencies on hibernate whatsoever!

Also, there is no entitymanager artifact with the 'org.hibernate' groupId which I guess should be the correct one. I double-checked the hibernate-annotations artifact, it's the same scenario.

It seems these files were put into the jboss maven2 repo around May, so I guess there is a correct way of doing that (of which I'm unaware of..)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:19 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Does that mean that no users are using Hibernate JPA with maven2 *and* noone is interested in such problems including the dev team?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:15 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Someone was interested in pushing the poms, but after the initial shot, he disappeared. We (the dev team) will eventually catch up on that, but there are other priorities unfortunately.
If you want to give a hand, you are welcome :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]