-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Upgrading Hibernate Annotations from 3.2.1.ga to 3.3.0.ga
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:11 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I recently tried upgrading hibernate-annotations from 3.2.1.ga to 3.3.0.ga in a Maven 2 environment. This caused the following error:

Code:
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/annotations/common/reflection/ReflectionManager

Adding the following dependency to my pom.xml fixes the problem:

Code:
  <dependency>
      <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
      <artifactId>hibernate-commons-annotations</artifactId>
      <version>3.3.0.ga</version>
  </dependency>

Shouldn't hibernate-commons-annotations be a declared dependency in the hibernate-annotations pom.xml so transitive dependencies resolves this?

I found a similar issue when upgrading hibernate-entitymanager from 3.2.1.ga to 3.3.1.ga. The 3.3.1.ga has a dependency on jboss-common-core, but this JAR is not located in a central repository.

Code:
Missing:
----------
1) jboss:jboss-common-core:jar:2.0.4.GA

The first issue seems easy enough to fix. The 2nd requires uploading the new dependency. I can enter issues in JIRA for these if you like.

Thanks,

Matt

Post subject: Added JBoss's repo doesn't help hibernate-entitymanager
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:18 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I added JBoss's Maven repo (http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/) to my pom.xml to try and fix the issue with not finding jboss-common-core. Now I get the following error when trying to run my tests.

Code:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.scanForClasses(Ejb3Configuration.java:626)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure(Ejb3Configuration.java:350)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:126)

I'm using Spring, so maybe this is an issue with Spring not being compatible with the latest release of hibernate-entitymanager?

Thanks,

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:49 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Try using the jboss-common that is bundled in the HEM distro, I know there has been some changes in this area by Bill.
FTR, I got rid of this dependency in SVN, so it won't be a problem in the next release.

Open the JIRA issue regarding maven and assign it to Aleksei Valikov (lexicore), he is the one dealing with the maven repos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:11 am 
Beginner
Beginner

emmanuel wrote:
Try using the jboss-common that is bundled in the HEM distro, I know there has been some changes in this area by Bill.
FTR, I got rid of this dependency in SVN, so it won't be a problem in the next release.

Open the JIRA issue regarding maven and assign it to Aleksei Valikov (lexicore), he is the one dealing with the maven repos.

I tried excluding jboss:jboss-common-core and adding jboss-archive-browsing and it does indeed solve the problem. I don't know if the version is correct (5.0.0alpha-200607201-119), but it's the only one in Maven's central repo:

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/jboss ... e-browsing

I'll open an issue in JIRA.

Thanks,

Matt

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]