-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Help wanted to improve tools
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:26 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

As an experiement I have added a "Help Wanted" option for the jira issues in the tools project.

I'll set that option if I feel the feature is something that would fit well for community user contributions, in other words its a feature that is either very simply/welldefined and doesn't require indefinite knowledge nor time and/or its something that would be nice to have but just isn't on the current roadmap for the core team.

So if you feel like getting your hands dirty then go see at the following link and pick something up ;)

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... stId=10545

(of course there is probably 1000 other things that could be improved/added and you are more than welcome to contribute that too ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:09 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Apparently that view was not globally shared - it is now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:52 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Post subject: :(
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:24 pm 
Senior
Senior

Hi max:

Why the Hibernate Tool current release(reverse engine) don't support many-to-many mapping? It is important in our project. I mean that I have three tables in database ,I want to create two java class other than three. I think the hibernate tool should add this feature to next release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:44 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

interesting you should post this in the "help wanted" section :)

(anyhow if you followed jira you would see i completed many-to-many support for the core tools engine last week)

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:05 am 
Senior
Senior

max wrote:

(anyhow if you followed jira you would see i completed many-to-many support for the core tools engine last week)

Thanks, Maybe I could download the nightly build from cvs and build it. ;-)

Post subject: :(
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:09 am 
Senior
Senior

max wrote:

Sorry,But I didn't find the 3.2beta7 in the CVS . In the dir :http://anonhibernate.labs.jboss.com/trunk/HibernateExt/tools/, The newest changelog is :
Code:
Hibernate Tools Changelog
=========================

Changes in version 3.1alpha5
----------------------------

* [HBX-365] - basic toString-Method
* [HBX-315] - Wrong java type chosen for CHAR(n) columns

Changes in version 3.0alpha4

* fixed bug in cfg.xml exporter
* fixed bug in rev.eng DTD

Changes in version 3.0alpha3

* DocExporter which generates html based doc of database schema
* table name completion if project has Hibernate 3 enabled (Under project properties)
* .reveng.xml can now be used to control which tables will be included in reverse engineering
* lots of bug fixes

Changes in version 3.0alpha2
---------------------------

* added new ant tasks
* improved ejb3 in pojo generation (Thanks Marshall)
* xml postprocessed with jtidy to make clean output
* fixed bugs

Changes in version 3.0alpha1
---------------------------

* hbm2java reworked to use hibernate core engine and being template based.
  - most features are available.

Changes in version 2.1.3
------------------------

* added support for generating empty concrete class for a Base class.
* added support for <parent> in <composite-element>
* added meta class-code, extra-import attributes
* hbm2java no longer generates automatically an equals()/hashcode() set unless the class has a composite id or the class is a composite.
  - use meta implement-equals attribute to enable generating equals()/hashcode() + mark relevant properties with meta use-in-equals attribute.
* added meta use-in-equals attribute.

Changes in version 2.1.2
------------------------

* hbm2java now validates the hbm.xml files
* hbm2java now have an Velocity based renderer
* Renderer's can now be configured with <param> tags
* Refactored the "source model" hbm2java uses.
  + now all elements have access to their corresponding XML data. Can be used to access all the information that are not otherwise directly available.

Changes in version 2.0.1
------------------------

* hbm2java now supports the defining subclass and joined-subclass externally from it's superclass (e.g. in another hbm.xml file)
* Fixed bug in deciding if POJO needed a minimalconstructor ;)
* Added support for CompositeUserType
* bounded and constraint changeevents is now correctly sending old and new values. (Shane Day, HB-275)
* now uses "finder-method" instead of just "finder" for finder generation.
* bag's are now generated as java.util.List instead of more generic Collections.
If you want the old behavior back then set system property "hbm2java.bag.interface" to
java.util.Collection (or whatever other class/interface you want for bag ;)
* hbm2java only generate isX() for primitive boolean types.

Changes in version 2.0 (03.6.2003)
----------------------------------

* initial checkin

Where is the version 3.2beta7 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:20 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

please stop double posting here and in the other thread.

Keep to one.

Post subject: classpath issues
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:45 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hello

I thitnk that is simple.

first, the disappointment issue...
my objects use commons lang to implement toString().
I forgot point to common-lang.jar on edit configuration dialog.
When I retrieve entities on simple query eclipse "self-muder against the wall". It shows error message box infinitely . Ok button close it but new message box opens instantly. As result I cant corect close eclipse, and forced to shoot it. As result I loose my configuration \.metadata\.plugins\org.hibernate.eclipse.console\hibernate-console.xml-16
I think that it is trivial to catch and handle tihs exception.

second, is cosmetic issue...
Why I can't point to properties files when configure class path. as example, this feature required for configure OScache. There is a question: "Why session configuration isn't simple file in workspace as hib.cfg.xml?" and why it not aligned for comfortable editing.

thanks

Post subject: Re: classpath issues
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:07 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

expp wrote:
Hello

I thitnk that is simple.

what are you referring to ?

Quote:
first, the disappointment issue...
my objects use commons lang to implement toString().
I forgot point to common-lang.jar on edit configuration dialog.
When I retrieve entities on simple query eclipse "self-muder against the wall". It shows error message box infinitely . Ok button close it but new message box opens instantly. As result I cant corect close eclipse, and forced to shoot it.

If you could put this in a jira issue with infomration about when and what the error message contains then I would have a chance of fixing it.

Because it is the users classes I have to load and instantiate I can't always control/enclose their behavior; but I can do it in most cases and there might be place were I did not guard it enough....to find those I need bugreports about them (or accidently bump into them my self)

Quote:
As result I loose my configuration \.metadata\.plugins\org.hibernate.eclipse.console\hibernate-console.xml-16
I think that it is trivial to catch and handle tihs exception.

Again, if users aren't telling me what is going wrong I can't really fix it.
(note; the issue about loosing the config file is in jira and i'm looking into it)

Quote:
second, is cosmetic issue...
Why I can't point to properties files when configure class path. as example, this feature required for configure OScache.

I don't understand how adding a non zip/jar *file* to the classpath can ever make sense ?

Quote:
There is a question: "Why session configuration isn't simple file in workspace as hib.cfg.xml?" and why it not aligned for comfortable editing.

original reason: a hibernate console configuration can be used by many projects.

in the future we will loosen this up and make it possible to have "local" definitions.

p.s. these questions should be in a seperate more apropriate thread and/or jira and not under the thread that is looking for people contributing patches :)

Thanks.

Post subject: C# code generation
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:00 am 

Hi,

I have played around a bit adding support for pocso(?) :-) generation. In essence a new interface was added (LangExportContext.java) which is now responsible for specific target language features, and some csharp specific templates.

Existing Hbm2JavaTest.java tests seem to run unaltered (at least with an Oracle database as the backend), and a new one (Hbm2CSharpTest.java) was added to test csharp generation. Some duplication between Cfg2Java and ImportContext has been moved to the new classes.

There are still thinks missing (e.g. java annotations - csharp attributes mapping and adding the [Serializable] attribute in csharp classes) I am still working on.

If you are interested in seeing some code, let me know where I should upload the zip file.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:15 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

interesting.

submit *patches* to jira.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:15 am 

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HBX-956

Post subject: Re: Help wanted to improve tools
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:40 pm 

hi,

Unhandled event loop exception

org.hibernate.MappingException: entity class not found: Tauteur
at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.getMappedClass(PersistentClass.java:99)

ok .. I understand the log error , but this table is declared in my cfg.xml !!!
I have change the path , src/database/Tauteur after database/Tauteur after /Tauteur

cfg.xml in src

thanx

Post subject: Re: Help wanted to improve tools
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:00 pm 

I like this error message ... can you add .. the full name file .. with the path ..which hibernate try to read ...
thanx

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Tlangage
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:494)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
at org.hibernate.util.ReflectHelper.classForName(ReflectHelper.java:100)
at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.getMappedClass(PersistentClass.java:96)
at org.hibernate.tuple.PropertyFactory.getGetter(PropertyFactory.java:168)
at org.hibernate.tuple.PropertyFactory.buildIdentifierProperty(PropertyFactory.java:44)
at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityMetamodel.<init>(EntityMetamodel.java:123)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.<init>(AbstractEntityPersister.java:434)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.SingleTableEntityPersister.<init>(SingleTableEntityPersister.java:109)
at org.hibernate.persister.PersisterFactory.createClassPersister(PersisterFactory.java:55)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:226)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1294)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration$3.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:492)
at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:64)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:94)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(ConsoleConfiguration.java:487)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.LazySessionFactoryAdapter.getChildren(LazySessionFactoryAdapter.java:43)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.BasicWorkbenchAdapter.getChildren(BasicWorkbenchAdapter.java:99)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.BasicWorkbenchAdapter.fetchDeferredChildren(BasicWorkbenchAdapter.java:105)
at org.eclipse.ui.progress.DeferredTreeContentManager$1.run(DeferredTreeContentManager.java:234)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next