-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hbm2ddl
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:32 am 

Hi does anyone have an example that use hbm2ddl to create the database?

I need som help with it, i have my classes ant hbm.xml files. with this i want to create the database, so that i know that the database gets the right structure.

I appreciate all the help i can get with this, i have searched alot but cant figure it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:59 pm 
Senior
Senior

There is an HibernateTask for cleaning/creating the database if you are using NAnt.
Otherwise, check around for docs on SchemaExport, the tool to use to do this.
Basically, you need a reference to you ISession and your NHibernate configuration object. Then you can:
Code:
IDbConnection connection = session.Connection;
new SchemaExport(configuration).Execute(false, true, false, true, connection, null);

Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:35 am 
Expert
Expert

One other note... the SchemaExport object currently only supports execution always with a conditional drop. So, don't execute at startup if there will be an existing database--it will get blown away.

In general, SchemaExport is very unsophisticated... but very useful for unit testing where you'd always like to have a brand-new DB at each test run, especially if you are changing your schema as you go. However, it is currently useless as a schema versioning tool in a production scenario.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:32 pm 

mnichols wrote:
There is an HibernateTask for cleaning/creating the database if you are using NAnt.
Otherwise, check around for docs on SchemaExport, the tool to use to do this.
Basically, you need a reference to you ISession and your NHibernate configuration object. Then you can:
Code:
IDbConnection connection = session.Connection;
new SchemaExport(configuration).Execute(false, true, false, true, connection, null);

Hope this helps

i´m not using NAnt, just started with Nhibernate, so i should search on SchemaExport?

Is it hard to configure Nhibernate to use schema export with my mapping files?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]