-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Drop and Create
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:57 am 

Hello,

On version 1.2.0 GA

I get the SchemaExport when I do a "Create", the table is dropped and created. Is there a way to do a create without drop ?

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:39 pm 
Expert
Expert

The SchemaExport class is fairly limited in the scope of what it does, so I wonder if it was even intended for more sophistcation than what it has.

Given the available methods, I don't know of any way to do it other than to capture the output from SchemaExport.Create( true, false ) by redirecting Console.Out, then pruning what you don't need and executing yourself.

This seems like a really ugly hack to me (I use SchemaExport, but only in testing so this hasn't been an issue) since it would seem preferrable for SchemaExport to have this functionality. Perhaps some more sophisticated extensions would be of interest to others as well.

Others may have better insights/more experience with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:01 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

SchemaExport was not really intended to be in any way a general tool. You can use cfg.GenerateSchemaCreationScript(dialect) (that's what SchemaExport uses) to get just the creation SQL.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]