-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Translation using composed primary key?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:52 am 

Hibernate version: NHibernate 1.2

I have a fairly specific issue, but due to my lack of knowledge of NHibernate I don't know if this can be added easily or not. It's a rather difficult issue to implement I think personally due to the database not naturally supporting this structure.

What I have to demonstrate my issue is a Person table and a PersonType and Culture lookup table.

The schema's are as follows:

- Person - PK(ID), FK(PersonTypeID)
- PersonType - PK(ID, FK(CultureID)), Description
- Culture - PK(ID), Description

Thus a PersonType is a composed primary key of ID and CultureID. The culture id is added to allow for easy translation between types depending on the culture of the current logged in user. However I cannot create a foreign key from Person to PersonType due to the fact that I don't have a culture id available until runtime, thus this needs to be supplied as a parameter at runtime.

How can it be achieved in NHibernate so that I can create an NHibernate query that will fetch me the correct translated data for the following example query? Also, what will the mapping file look like?

SELECT * FROM Person
INNER JOIN PersonType ON Person.PersonTypeID = PersonType.ID
INNER JOIN Culture ON PersonType.CultureID = Culture.ID
WHERE Culture.CultureID = @cultureID

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Lexx

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]