-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Core 3.2.4 "native" id generator no longer works
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:44 pm 

Need help with Hibernate? Read this first:
http://www.hibernate.org/ForumMailingli ... AskForHelp

Hibernate version: 3.2.4

Mapping documents:

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:

Name and version of the database you are using:

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:

Problems with Session and transaction handling?

Read this: http://hibernate.org/42.html

I just upgraded to 3.2.4 GA and now my "native" id generator no longer works. This is a program that has been working with 3.2.2 for months.
Nothing else has changed.

Hibernate: insert into Version (version, structureModified, _uuid_, id) values (?, ?, ?, ?)

05/09/07 04:37:36.828 PM PDT mxPortal.<init>:408
ERROR: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not insert: [com.finisar.portal.deviceRepository.objects.Version]
at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLStateConverter.java:103)
at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:91)
at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
at org.hibernate.id.insert.AbstractReturningDelegate.performInsert(AbstractReturningDelegate.java:40)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2158)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2638)
at org.hibernate.action.EntityIdentityInsertAction.execute(EntityIdentityInsertAction.java:48)
at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:250)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.performSaveOrReplicate(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:298)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.performSave(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:181)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.saveWithGeneratedId(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:107)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.saveWithGeneratedOrRequestedId(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:187)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveEventListener.saveWithGeneratedOrRequestedId(DefaultSaveEventListener.java:33)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.entityIsTransient(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:172)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveEventListener.performSaveOrUpdate(DefaultSaveEventListener.java:27)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.onSaveOrUpdate(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:70)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.fireSave(SessionImpl.java:535)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:523)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:519)
at com.finisar.portal.deviceRepository.Session.persist(Session.java:550)
at com.finisar.portal.deviceRepository.Session.save(Session.java:582)
at com.finisar.portal.deviceRepository.DeviceRepository.writeVersion(DeviceRepository.java:237)
at com.finisar.portal.deviceRepository.DeviceRepository.initializeDatabase(DeviceRepository.java:117)
at com.finisar.portal.deviceRepository.DeviceRepository.<init>(DeviceRepository.java:91)
at com.finisar.portal.mxPortal.initialize(mxPortal.java:940)
at com.finisar.portal.mxPortal.<init>(mxPortal.java:406)
at com.finisar.portal.mxPortal.main(mxPortal.java:1091)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Statement parameter 4 not set.
at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.serverExecute(ServerPreparedStatement.java:1277)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.executeInternal(ServerPreparedStatement.java:952)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1974)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1897)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1758)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(NewProxyPreparedStatement.java:105)
at org.hibernate.id.IdentityGenerator$GetGeneratedKeysDelegate.executeAndExtract(IdentityGenerator.java:73)
at org.hibernate.id.insert.AbstractReturningDelegate.performInsert(AbstractReturningDelegate.java:33)
... 23 more

I reverted back to 3.2.2 GA and its running fine.

Any one else experiencing this?

Post subject: upgrade from 3.2.3 to 3.2.4 causes regression
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:58 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I'm having the same problem with identity id generator

Post subject: statement parameter not set
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:36 am 

i get same problem on update/insert on hiber 3.2.4

error message = statement parameter not set

i do not use any id generator. i use auto increment by db.

my app works ok on hiber 3.2.2

by the way is there any real advantage using id generator instead of auto inc by db?

Post subject: java.sql.SQLException: Statement parameter 2 not set.
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:40 pm 

After various tests and comparing with other project within version 3.2.2 I discover the same exception with this mapping. I'm using MySQL database.

<class name="org.butcherless.domain.Persona" table="CC_PERSONA">
<id name="id" column="ID">
<generator class="native"></generator>
</id>
<property name="documento">
<column name="DOCUMENTO" length="32" not-null="true" />
</property>
</class>

The statement generated with version 3.2.4 is
Hibernate: insert into CC_PERSONA (DOCUMENTO, ID) values (?, ?)

and the insert statement generated with version 3.2.2 does not include the ID field in the insert statement.

Any idea or workaround?

Last edited by carlos.martin on Tue May 15, 2007 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:25 pm 

I am having the same problem here after upgrading to 3.2.4 when using either an id generator of identity or native using the org.hibernate.dialect.Sybase11Dialect dialect.

I've never seen this issue before and I've been using Hibernate for quite some time now.

Edit: This issue is in the issue tracker:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... e/HHH-2605

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:58 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I am having this problem as well. All my insert statements which use an auto_increment for the PK are failing.

Any response from the hibernate team yet? This is a pretty big problem to have slipped through a release, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:19 pm 

Similar problem here with DB2 and any mappings that use a "native" generator. Looking at the debug logs, I see that the "identity insert" string has changed between 3.2.3 and 3.2.4. Here's an example:

3.2.3:

insert into USER_BOOKMARK_GROUP (USER_BOOKMARK_GROUP_ID, UPDATE_TIMESTAMP, CREATE_TIMESTAMP, CREATE_USER, UPDATE_USER, INACTIVE_DATE, USER_ID, GROUP_NAME, SEQUENCE_NUMBER) values (default, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

3.2.4:

insert into USER_BOOKMARK_GROUP (UPDATE_TIMESTAMP, CREATE_TIMESTAMP, CREATE_USER, UPDATE_USER, INACTIVE_DATE, USER_ID, GROUP_NAME, SEQUENCE_NUMBER, USER_BOOKMARK_GROUP_ID) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

The latter causes DB2 to throw an exception in 3.2.4. Prior versions (including 3.2.3) worked fine.

Post subject: Re: Core 3.2.4 "native" id generator no longer wor
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:09 pm 

frisbee wrote:
I just upgraded to 3.2.4 GA and now my "native" id generator no longer works. This is a program that has been working with 3.2.2 for months.
Nothing else has changed.

same problem with hibernate 3.2.4 on mysql 5.x

Geoff2010 wrote:
This is a pretty big problem to have slipped through a release, no?

yes it is, very strange ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:43 am 

sorry for bumping but it looks to me a major problem for all the hibernate users

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:02 am 

I just registered to say that I installed 3.2.4 not 30 minutes ago and all of a sudden I have this exact problem. Glad to know its not just me, I was going insane for a minute. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:25 am 

I upgraded to 3.2.4 and also have this problem.

I revert back to 3.2.2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:30 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Please upgrade to 3.2.4 SP1.

Post subject: What about maven repository
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:25 am 

Does someone know when this new release will be available in Maven Repository?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]