-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Write caching
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:50 am 

Hi, I'm looking for a solution to implement a memory cache with the following properties:
- data replication in a cluster
- transactional operation and locking
- write caching: all inserts/updates should be performed immediately in memory but flushing to database should only be executed in batches at regular intervals, using a write-ahead log (synchronized to disk)

So I'm learning Hibernate and trying to use it with TreeCache. I'm using the hbcache example ( http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?pag ... oneExample ) modified to use postgres, and all the inserts seem to get flushed to the db immediately. How can I change that?

Also, am I going the right way with Hibernate and TreeCache? Or is there a better solution?

Thanks
Adrian

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]