-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trouble with multiple inheritance
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:54 am 

Explanation of answers below
Billable is an interface which is implemented by Advertiser and AffiliateUser. We do this so when we bill a user, we can use the interface instead of having to write extra code for both classes. The problem is that the concrete instance of this class is already mapped elsewhere, so I am getting this DuplicateMappingException. I looked at some other posts here and they implied that explicit would work but it doesn't. Billiable is really being used as a view to an existing class. So the code would be something like:

Code:
public class Bill {
   public void setBillable(Billable b) {... normal setter implementation ...}
}

//=========

public class BillingService {
   public void payBill(Bill bill) {
        BillingProfile profile = bill.getBillable().getProfile();
        cardService.payBill(profile.getCreditCard(), bill);
   }
}

I guess the question is, if this is not the right way to accomplish this, A) is it possible, and B) how should I do it differently?

Hibernate version:

Mapping documents:
Code:
  <class name="Billable" polymorphism="explicit">
     <cache usage="read-only" />
     <id name="uid" column="uid" type="string" />
     <one-to-one name="billingProfile" class="com.pkg.BillingProfile"></one-to-one>

<union-subclass name="com.pkg.Advertiser"  table="advertiser" />

<union-subclass name="com.pkg.AffiliateUser" table="affiliate_user" />
  </class>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():
Doesn't get that far.

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
Code:
org.hibernate.InvalidMappingException: Could not parse mapping document from resource com/pkg/Billable.hbm.xml
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:569)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseMappingElement(Configuration.java:1587)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1555)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1534)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1508)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1428)
   at com.pkg.util.hibernate.AccountHibernateUtil.<clinit>(AccountHibernateUtil.java:59)
   at com.pkg.domain.test.PersistenceTest.writeAdvertiser(PersistenceTest.java:45)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.executeMethodBody(TestMethodRunner.java:99)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runUnprotected(TestMethodRunner.java:81)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAfterRunner.java:34)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runMethod(TestMethodRunner.java:75)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.run(TestMethodRunner.java:45)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.invokeTestMethod(TestClassMethodsRunner.java:71)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.run(TestClassMethodsRunner.java:35)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner$1.runUnprotected(TestClassRunner.java:42)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAfterRunner.java:34)
   at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner.run(TestClassRunner.java:52)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:38)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
Caused by: org.hibernate.DuplicateMappingException: Duplicate table mapping advertiser
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Mappings.addDenormalizedTable(Mappings.java:192)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindUnionSubclass(HbmBinder.java:787)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.handleUnionSubclass(HbmBinder.java:2194)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder.java:2107)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder.java:2031)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootPersistentClassCommonValues(HbmBinder.java:359)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootClass(HbmBinder.java:273)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRoot(HbmBinder.java:144)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.add(Configuration.java:669)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addInputStream(Configuration.java:504)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:566)
   ... 27 more

Name and version of the database you are using:
mysql 5.0.24

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):
None

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:
Doesn't get that far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:04 am 

So I think I may have resolved this, but I don't think I like the outcome.

Basically, what I am seeing is that I have to use the table-per-concrete-class with implicit polymorphism, can anyone verify that?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]