-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mapping State Pattern objects
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:41 am 
Expert
Expert

Has anyone out there started using the State Pattern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_pattern) with NHibernate?

I'm trying to figure out the strategy for mapping the state objects - I'd like to simply use a single value within the DB record of the context object (an int, or char for example) to express the state but would like these values to be transformed into corresponding state objects and back again when loading and saving the context object.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this might be accomplished?

Cheers,

Symon,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:26 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I done it with Hibernate. In fact I've done it two different ways. I have documented my solution on my blog, Joe's Bit Bucket. I won't retype my solution here. You can see it in my blog post entitled State Pattern Persistence with Hibernate.

If you like my solution, please rate this forum post so that I can get some forum credits. If you don't like my solution...well...that's your problem, not mine. :-)

PS - Sorry for any code indentation issues with my blog post. That's Blogger's fault. :-(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]