-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem with Multiple Insert
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:23 am 

Hi

I have to insert an object which have a list of another type objects. So i start a transaction and if all inserts are successful i commit else i rollback. The list of objects are independant objects and they have to be inserted before the main object. The problem is that when second object is inserted it gives the error "a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: 0, of class:"
But i have to insert them in one transaction.

What mistake I am making or theer is a different way to do this??

Saurabh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:30 am 
Senior
Senior

Can you post some code and config.

kthx.

Post subject: Re: Problem with Multiple Insert
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:15 am 

saurabhs_iitk wrote:
Hi

I have to insert an object which have a list of another type objects. So i start a transaction and if all inserts are successful i commit else i rollback. The list of objects are independant objects and they have to be inserted before the main object. The problem is that when second object is inserted it gives the error "a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: 0, of class:"

What mistake I am making or theer is a different way to do this??

Saurabh

This should be done using sqlbulkcopy, not thru nHibernate

Post subject: Re: Problem with Multiple Insert - cheesy workaround
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:32 am 
Expert
Expert

saurabhs_iitk wrote:
The problem is that when second object is inserted it gives the error "a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: 0, of class:"

Others may have a better solution for you, and I agree with Adam that seeing your mappings/classes would help, but if you get no love from other quarters, try this:

Create a util class global that provides a decrementing value, from -1. It only needs to be process local, but it certainly should be threadsafe. Not too bad, since you should be able to use interlocked decrement instead of full-on monitors ( lock ( object ) {...} ).

Now, in your child class ctor, assign the identifier value from this global instead of defaulting it to 0.

You will probably need an unsaved-value for SaveOrUpdate so cascades will be supportable (handy for P-C) so add a version column to your table/mapping/class, and use the unsaved-value there.

Ugly? Kinda, but it should solve your problem in lieu of an actual, you know, solution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:13 am 

The problem only comes when i am using SaveOrUpdate and if i use Save it works fine so i changed my logic and used Save.
I was thinking on the similar lines to provide an identifier value from a generator class in -ves if Save wouldn't have worked.
Thanx for the solutions

Saurabh

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]