-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: NHibernate & SP to insert, update, delete
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:44 am 

Hello guys and thanks for this great tool!

My question is regarding the ability of NHibernate to do inserts, updates and deletes through stored procedures.
Reading the documentation for the 1.2 release, I know that it is possible using ?, like <sql-insert>exec myProc ?, ?, ?</sql-insert>.

I understand that the order in which NHibernate gives the parameters is the order of items in the mapping file.

Now:
1. Is it possible to use a syntax like :Name, :Surname etc instead of "?" ?
2. If not, how can I map a parameter flag that isn't in the database table, but I need to pass it to my SP?

Cheers,
Raul

Post subject: Re: NHibernate & SP to insert, update, delete
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:04 am 

ra00l wrote:
Now:
1. Is it possible to use a syntax like :Name, :Surname etc instead of "?" ?
2. If not, how can I map a parameter flag that isn't in the database table, but I need to pass it to my SP?

Cheers,
Raul

Hi Raul,

1.) Internally the insert/update/delete sql is passed to a command object w/c expects all its passed parameters as "?"
2.) the sql inserts/updates/deletes are meant to be used as a quick CRUD for your entity and also it make use of your existing CRUD sps w/c most probably uses all the fields of your table as parameters.

hth

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]