-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: On-line NHibernate API References?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:04 am 

Hi all!

Could the developers provide an on-line version of NHibernate API docs? I built one myself but it's too huge to be put on sourceforge - 120MB including my project's, using sandcastle.

(I need to reference to the classes/methods from my project's manual)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:45 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Created http://jira.nhibernate.org/browse/NH-688 so you can track it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:56 am 

sergey wrote:
Created http://jira.nhibernate.org/browse/NH-688 so you can track it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:07 am 

by api docs are you referring to the doc in the source? This I wouldn't consider an api doc. Has anyone prepared a simple class library listing? Usually these are in a table of contents "Class Library Reference".. This would be a tremendous help here for 1.2 so you could scan the breath of the classes, and see what is omitted in the first doc. It's very hard for an outsider to come in and see it all at once as in a class reference.

If then the class reference was fully fleshed out with descriptions and examples, well that's too much to hope.

Has anyone done this, and have I missed finding a class library section?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:17 pm 

nevermind. I was able to build a chm file (10MB) from the 1.2 svn source. I used sandcastle + docproject, very nice tools.

I wish the chm could become part of the documentation set, even if it was a private developer build at your end.

If you want the sandcastle + docproject project, well it's too easy so not worth giving to you. If you want the chm file, I can send this to you (nhibernate project). The chm should be built with the source to pick up new comments.

I would like to reorganize the 1.2 project site, mainly the top level index page, so it is more coherent. I am new to 1.2 and not used 1.0.2 so I would drop all the 1.0.2 stuff. But I think you want to roll your own and keep it looking like the java version. Perhaps I will make my own refactored 1.2 site but link back to your pages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:50 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

We already distribute a .chm and a VS 2005 version of the API documentation. It can be downloaded from Sourceforge. It's a separate installer because of the size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:33 am 

Ok my mistakes.

I found your chm version on the download page. I looked and looked and I don't see anywhere in svn for the build of this chm file. I don't care. Your chm, and the one I built using the sandcastle + docproject are not quite the same for some unknown reason, yours looks nicer and obviously use that.

When searching the svn source I came across several doc projects and tried to figure them out. One builds the "reference" doc that is on your site. Not my favorite doc since it seems to be written slightly favoring people that already know what's going on.

I found another doc project at 1.2/Documentation and I built this one using docbook as specified. I have never seen this doc file NHibernate.Documentation.chm. I don't see it listed anywhere on your site. Now this is the one I want... if you ever finish it. It needs to go to an editor to make what's there already a bit clearer IMHO. Outside of the book, I think this is the one to focus on for learning.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]