-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Optimistic lock
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:06 pm 

Hi all,

We are thinking about using NHibernate on our project (a web site).. We are using VOs to carry out dat throughout the application tiers (in a disconnected way) and we are thinking about using optimistic locking in order to guarantee the DB consistency.

According http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/nhibe ... tions.html , section 10.4 I can use it in three different ways:

1- Keeping the ISession objec - I didn't like this approach (I think it overload the web sessions with a lot of information).
2- Automatic Versioning - I'd like to use this approach, but it haven't worked for me...
3 - Application version checking - The approach I'm using right now, as it worked fine...

I'd like to check with you if there is any configuration I need to set in order to make the approach 2 work...
We've made a sample application (using the code excerpt given on session 10.4.2), accessed the same entity through 2 different web sessions, update one and them the other (we expected an exception on the second update, what didn't happen)...

Thanks a lot!

Sergio

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]