-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Search, configuring using XML and Appfuse
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:42 pm 

Folks,

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience of getting Hibernate Search working with Appfuse?

Steps Taken
1) Worked through the Appfuse 'Getting started guide on the wiki' and now have a PersonDao and Unit test to update / remove.
2) Added Hibernate Search and Lucene to the Maven pom
3) Configured Person with annotations to indicate that it should be indexed.
4) Tried adding to hibernate the necessary properties to indicate where the index should be created
(e.g. hibernate.search.default.directory_provider=org.hibernate.search.store.FSDirectoryProvider
hibernate.search.default.indexBase=c:\temp\).
5) Tried adding my own even listener to test if a hibernate update / delete / add event is being fired (e.g. hibernate.ejb.event.post-update=ie.paul.TestEventListener)
)
6) for items 4 and 5, I have tried adding these properties in hibernate.properties and hibernate.cfg.xml in both test and main.

Versions are Appfuse 2.0M4, Hibernate Search 3.0Beta and Lucene 2.1

Questions
- Is there anything about the PersonDaoTest , that when called from mvn test, would fail to fire the post update / insert / delete events?
- Is there any way that I can configure event listeners to work with hibernate (after an add / delete or update).
- The samples given by hibernate search are for adding to a hibernate.properties file. Is there any way that I should add these to persitence.xml or hibernate.cfg.xml
- (off topic) Is there anything unusual about the way hibernate is configured with app fuse that would make it difficult to add the additional hibernate-search jar.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:36 pm 
Expert
Expert

You are definitely better off posting this in the Hibernate Annotations, EntityManager, Search, Validator, Shards forum. You'll have a better chance of someone with the appropriate expertise seeing it, and it stands less of a chance of falling through the postings, as the aforementioned forum has a lot less traffic.

Post subject: Hibernate Search with Appfuse (Moved from Main List)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:44 pm 

Thanks , will move it to there.

Paul

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]