-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: @Column and @Length column length problem
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:48 am 

Hibernate version: 3.2.0.GA

Name and version of the database you are using: DB2 8.2

Hello i'm using hibernate validation framework and i have a problem with @Column and @Length annotations.

Here is my code: (i removed the id part beacuse it's not important)
Code:
@NotNull
   @Length(max=50)
   @Column(length=63)
   private String someName;

And here is log from hbm2ddl
Code:
create table SOME_TABLE (id bigint generated by default as identity,  someName varchar(50) not null, primary key (id))

As you see the column length is taken from @Length, which I think is wrong because, you i can't have column longer than validation.
Also in case DB2 database - DB2 takes length in bytes so 50 means not 50 characters but 50 bytes which is complicated in UTF-8 or other encoding (character can be bigger than 1 byte).
Also if i would like to have validation on some size and before save want to add sth to this column i couldn't do it because column size is wrong.

Is there any possibility to change the column length and size of validation (with different values) ?

Artur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:09 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

mplement you own Length and LengthValidator

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]