-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Part of session to be persisted?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:08 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi

I'm a newbie to NHibernate API.

I'm wondering what best practise is when you need to persist part of a ISession? Let's say you have some winform where the data is kept in an Unit of work (ISession). For some reason you want the user to able to highlight part of the data and persist the modified objects inside this scope. Is this possible out of the box in NHibernate? Create a new Session, move the highlighted objects there and mark these objects with help of SaveOrUpdate will/can lead to too many updates (?).

From what I've understood NHibernate will take a snapshot of the read data at read time, and then comparing this data at flush. Changed data will be persisted. I'm curious for what reason the IsDirty method cannot take an object as an inparameter? For what reason isn't the snapshot data there, when comparing a single object?

Thanks in advance
Roger

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]