-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Want to extract DDL Schema from any given Database
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:28 am 

HI All,

Iam a novice to NHibernate and to this forum so please correct me if wrong .

I want to extract DDL Schema for any given databse using NHibernate .Iam aware that there are tools to generate schema given a mapping file or generate a mapping file given schema .But I have none of them.
This would help me to take back up of the database schema and reuse it .

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Regards,
Nanty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:45 am 
Contributor
Contributor

This has nothing to do with NHibernate whatsoever, there should be some tool that came with your database to do that.

Post subject: thanx sergey
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:55 am 

Thanx Sergey ,

That solved a lot of effort .
Since the Nhibernate has ability to connect most of the database in the market and there where tools to generate schema from the same, I thought one could exploit this feature to connect any of the database in run time and execute some queries to extract schema .Can you please clarify my doubt about the same.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]