-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: NoCachingEnabledException after upgrade to 1.2 CR1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:15 am 

Hello stranger,

After upgrading to 1.2 CR1 I get this exception unless I specifically configure use_second_level_cache=false.

Code:

NHibernate.HibernateException : Could not instantiate cache implementation
  ----> NHibernate.Cache.NoCachingEnabledException : Second-level cache is not enabled for usage [hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache | hibernate.cache.use_query_cache]

This is the configuration I expected to work on it's own:

Code:
   <nhibernate>
      <add key="hibernate.connection.provider" value="NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider" />
      <add key="hibernate.connection.connection_string_name" value="LocalSqlServer" />

<add key="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="NHibernate.Driver.SqlClientDriver"/>
      <add key="hibernate.dialect" value="NHibernate.Dialect.MsSql2005Dialect"/>
   </nhibernate>

What is it I don't understand? Does use_second_level_cache for some reason default to true now? If so why?

Here's the full stacktrace by the way:

Code:
N2.Tests.Definitions.DefinitionFixture.AllowedChildrenAreCorrect : NHibernate.HibernateException : Could not instantiate cache implementation
  ----> NHibernate.Cache.NoCachingEnabledException : Second-level cache is not enabled for usage [hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache | hibernate.cache.use_query_cache]
   at NHibernate.Cache.CacheFactory.CreateCache(String usage, String name, Boolean mutable, Settings settings, IDictionary properties)
   at NHibernate.Impl.SessionFactoryImpl..ctor(Configuration cfg, IMapping mapping, Settings settings)
   at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.BuildSessionFactory()
   at N2.Persistence.NHPersistenceManager.Initialize(IFactory factory) in C:\Documents and Settings\cristian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\N2\N2\Persistence\NHPersistenceManager.cs:line 59
   at N2.Engine.N2Factory.InvokeInitialize(IFactoryDependency dependantModule) in C:\Documents and Settings\cristian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\N2\N2\Engine\N2Factory.cs:line 97
   at N2.Engine.N2Factory.Initialize() in C:\Documents and Settings\cristian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\N2\N2\Engine\N2Factory.cs:line 61
   at N2.Tests.PersistenceAwareBase.InitializeFactory() in C:\Documents and Settings\cristian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\N2\N2.Tests\PersistenceAwareBase.cs:line 27
   at N2.Tests.PersistenceAwareBase.SetUp() in C:\Documents and Settings\cristian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\N2\N2.Tests\PersistenceAwareBase.cs:line 20
--HibernateException
   at NHibernate.Cache.NoCacheProvider.BuildCache(String regionName, IDictionary properties)
   at NHibernate.Cache.CacheFactory.CreateCache(String usage, String name, Boolean mutable, Settings settings, IDictionary properties)

Thanks
/Cristian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:40 am 
Contributor
Contributor

No, the default cache provider is set to NoCacheProvider. It's assumed that if you specified <cache> somewhere, you really want that cache to be there, so you should get some indication that it's disabled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:47 am 

sergey wrote:
No, the default cache provider is set to NoCacheProvider. It's assumed that if you specified <cache> somewhere, you really want that cache to be there, so you should get some indication that it's disabled.

Aha, good change. and thanks =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]