-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: GROUP BY with the object instance
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:28 am 

Does anybody know if the issue mentioned in the NH-528 (http://jira.nhibernate.org/browse/NH-528) will be actually implemented/fixed in NHibernate, and if yes, which possible version? I tried with 1.2 RC and you still cannot use object instances with the GROUP BY clause (as stated in the 1.2 RC documentation as well).

It would be really a nice thing to have. Right now I have to explicitly declare a GROUP BY part of the query which includes all the properties I need to group by on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:56 am 
Regular
Regular

I just bumped into the same problem using NH 1.2b3. I would really love to see this fixed as well.

Perhaps it was forgotten about because it was marked as fixed in 1.2b2. I do hope that it was not decided to leave the feature out forever.

Seems like a good, standard feature to include in the 1.2 release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:23 am 
Contributor
Contributor

The issue you are referring to describes a documentation change, this was done already.

As for the GROUP BY functionality, no, it won't be implemented.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:01 pm 

sergey wrote:
The issue you are referring to describes a documentation change, this was done already.

As for the GROUP BY functionality, no, it won't be implemented.

Why not?

This is a really useful feature and it should be relatively easy to implement. At least it seems so, i figure if you can expand the object names to their full column names in the select, couldn't you just use the same code in the group by to expand the object?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]