-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Proxy creation and performance
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:47 pm 

We're developing an enterprise level application with a complex database schema and some very large tables. We used a tool to autogenerate all our entities, where every foreign key produces a many-to-one association. As you can imagine, the first time I attempt to load an entity, it takes up to 15 seconds to load all of the proxies throughout the resulting tree of entities, and I'm pretty sure the majority of that time is in the Castle's DynamicProxy logic.

So, I know we can definitely speed this up if we take out some of the unnecessary associations, but is there a way for us to bypass this proxy generation logic? It appears that NHibernate doesn't support the lazy="no-proxy" setting (if that would even be the answer), and when I play with proxy interfaces defined on the class, the DynamicProxy logic is still invoked (and there's really no good help as to _why_ you would ever define your own proxy interface).

Thanks in advance,
Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:21 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I wouldn't be so sure about DynamicProxy since nobody has ever complained on this forum about DynProxy being slow. As for bypassing the proxy generation logic, it's impossible, you can only try replacing the proxy factory by your own implementation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]