-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: compiling from svn or cvs
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:33 pm 

I read the document on building HibernateExt from svn. That document appears to be outdated for two reasons. First, the version that SVN pulled in appeared to be an alpha version from last year, and second, the ant task launched from build.bat could not find the source files. There were a couple of more little gotcha's that I worked around, but I threw up my hands in frustration when I realized that SVN didn't appear to be bringing the beta-n version.

Where do I find the source? And is the build procedure as documented?

I should put this in a seperate post, but what pushed me down the unreleased path was the desire to fix issues with primary keys specified in the revenge config file. The config-file specified primary key should take precedence over the jdbc-identified primary key. I'm trying to reverse engineer a database where the @Id is in a unique index key, not the primary key.

bbaker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:15 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

huh ? an alpha version in SVN ? how did you get that ?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:52 am 

Alpha version from SVN? Simple, follow the instructions from http://www.hibernate.org/268.html.

svn co http://anonhibernate.labs.jboss.com/trunk/HibernateExt

SVN reports that the revision is 9945. tools/readme.txt file states: version 3.1.0alpha5, 21. August 2005. Maybe I didn't look far enought, because metadata/changelog.txt says: 3.2.0.CR1 (13-05-2006).

I've fiddled with it some more. Part of the problem came from my confusion over the error messages: clovertasks not found. The real problem was probably not finding the 3.2 jar where it wanted to find it. It now compiles, though I have two or three copies of the hibernate-3.2 jar scattered around now. Now I want to blow away the hibernate-3.2 and tools files, pull them from SVN, follow the instructions to the letter, and see if they compile cleanly.

I put the Hibernate and HibernateExt directories side-by-side. The build files seem to have some dependencies on directory layout for each project. I ended up with a hibernate-3.2 directory that contained the jar files from Hibernate. So, I have three sibling directories: Hibernate, hibernate-3.2, and HibernateExt. Is this what I should be seeing?

bbaker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:31 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

i should remove that file...sorry.

and yes hibernatetools is dependent on hibernatecore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:49 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I have a question related to this :

how can I check out the latest stable version from the repository ? ... I mean I want to check out the 3.2 beta 9 version without any further changes to it .... can you tell me the revision number ?

thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:22 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

there is a tag/branch with the BETA9 name in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:48 am 
Beginner
Beginner

ok ... thanx ...

I can see you still use ant :).. do you have any plans of moving to maven?.. I would like to help with this if you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:25 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

nope. no plans to move to maven (it doesn't provide any reasonable value)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:47 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I was really hoping you wold say yes.. I'm not really used to ant :(...
Just tried that branch but I couldn't make it work ... build I mean... so I got revision 11019 from the repository.. it seems to be the last one before the branch was made.. and it seems I was able to build this one.. after I changed "hibernate-3.2" to "Hibernate3" in a couple of places.

Now the next problem is how do I import this in InteliJ Idea or eclipse ? ... I presume with eclipse it's easier because it has that "Import from ant build" feature.. but I don't really know how to use that ? should I import one module at a time ? if I just run it on the main build.xml then I get no src files...

This last part I should be able to do without ... I just need to make a small change regarding the default value when running reveng.. I think I know how to do that so I should be able to just edit the file and rebuild...

Have a nice weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:42 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

create one project for hibernateext/tools and add src/java and src/test and etc to classpath and your are of.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]