-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Get attribute from join table
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:56 pm 

Hi,

I've googled a lot, searched this forum and the documentation but I could not solve my problem. So here it is:

I have two tables which are joined through a third one:

person -------> person_program ------------> program

The relationship between person and program is ManyToMany so the person object in my application has a list of programs which works fine so far. But the problem is that the person_program table holds some information about the relation. It has two attributes start and stop date. So it looks like:

person_program(person, program, start_date, stop_date)

I tried to get the two date attributes by adding a second table to the program entity:

Code:
@SecondaryTable(@SecondaryTable( name="person_subscription",
                uniqueConstraints={@UniqueConstraint(columnNames={"person", "program", "start_date", "stop_date"})},   
pkJoinColumns=@PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name="program", referencedColumnName="id" ) )

With that I get the two date attributes but not distinct. It looks as if the program table joins the person_program table a second time so all entries are duplicated in the list of the person. Does anyone know how to solve that problem?

Jens

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hibernate version: 3.2.1

Postgresql, 8.1

I am using annotations to map the entities to the database

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:35 pm 

I found this page dealing with this topic:
http://www.thearcmind.com/confluence/display/RandomThoughts/Hibernate+need+to+access+properties+on+join+table

But I think that there must be an easier way!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]