-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Issues with Specifying Custom Naming Strategy in Eclipse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:56 pm 

Hibernate version: 3.2.2GA, Annotations 3.2.1GA, Tools 3.2.0.beta9a

Hi all,

I had no problems getting Hibernate Tools up and running and generating mappings from our db. I did however encounter a strange error trying to override the NamingStrategy in Eclipse. I was hoping someone could point out a potential mistake I'm making here or point me in the correct direction.

After creating a Hibernate Console Configuration, I tried to modify it by adding in my customized NamingStrategy (which implements org.hibernate.cfg.NamingStategy). There's an entry for this guy on the first tab of the Console Configuration wizard.

I then added the project that contained the new Naming Strategy to the classpath (and dependency projects as well). This guy had an entry on the second tab of the Console Configuration wizard.

So far -- no errors.

After setting all this stuff up, I tried to run the Hibernate Code Generator. For some reason, it didn't seem to use my NamingStrategy. I then launched the Console Configuration wizard again -- yep, my changes were still there.

So then I tried to reboot Eclipse and run the Hibernate Code Generator again. Once again, my naming strategy was not used. The strange thing here is that when I launched the Console Configuration wizard again, I wasn't able to see my NamingStrategy! Unfortunately, the Error logs didn't have any information I could use.

FYI, here's what .metadata\.plugins\org.hibernate.eclipse.console\hibernate-console.xml-xxx looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hibernate-console>
<configuration configuration-factory="ANNOTATIONS" name="test" project="test" use-project-classpath="true">
<hibernate-config-xml location="/test/config/hibernate.cfg.xml"/>
<classpath>
<path location="/dep1"/>
<path location="/dep2"/>
</classpath>
</configuration>
</hibernate-console>

No naming strategy entries here. Should I add an entry here to force eclipse to use the correct naming strategy? Am I doing something completely incorrect here?

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:55 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

i think i've fixed this in svn. the code for saving the namingstrategy were bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:01 am 

Hi Max,

Thanks for you prompt reply. As soon as I got your message, I downloaded the Hibernate source, and built hibernate-tools.jar

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernat ... bernateExt (svnr 11171)

I then popped the guy into the org.hibernate.eclipse_3.2.0.beta9\lib\tools plugin directory in eclipse.

For some reason I ran into the same problem. :(

I suspect I'm doing something wrong here. Am I rebuilding all of the correct modules? Should I grab the plugin sources from CVS and try to build them as well? Maybe create a new Console configuration? Or, do you suggest I just wait for the next beta release?

Thanks for your time again man! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:13 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

its the ui in the plugins that were messed up about naming strategy.

i have had a commit waiting a few days because i were travelling last week with bad internet connection.....it will hopefully end up in cvs today/tomorrow....i'll try and remember to post here when its in there.

/max

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:43 pm 

Sounds cool. Thanks again!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]