-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Search in RAMDirectory
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:37 pm 

Hi,

I want to switch from a FSDirectoryProvider to RamDirectoryProvider.
So in my hibernate.properties I have :
Code:
hibernate.search.default.directory_provider=org.hibernate.search.store.RAMDirectoryProvider

The indexation works well. But I do not manage to search in the index. I would like to get results of searchs in the RamDirectory as an Hits object using org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.

Here is the code I wrote for FSDirectoryProvider :
Code:
Searcher idxSearcher = new IndexSearcher("myindex");         
Analyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer();
QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("content",analyzer);           
String search = "name:" + searchString + " OR type:" + searchString + " OR subtype:" + searchString;
Query query = parser.parse(search);
Hits out = idxSearcher.search(query);

But this code is no longer working with the RamDirectoryProvider. I get an java.io.IOException when initializing the IndexSearcher.

What do I have to do to use a RamDirectoryProvider instead of the FSDirectoryProvider?

Thanks for you help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:04 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

In SVN Branch 3.2
Doing
Code:
Directory dir = ContextHelper.getSearchFactory(session).getDocumentBuilders().get(MyEntity.class).getDirectoryProvider().getDirectory();

IndexSeacher is = new IndexSearcher(dir);

If you use 3.2.1, the same info is available from the EventListener (it contains the list of document builders).

I know it's quite complex (probably need to improve that at some point through a helper method), but really the intend is to use FullTextSession and let Hibenate Search find the directory for you.

if FullTextSession does not solve your problem, let me know and I will enhance it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:23 am 

Ok thanks for your reply.
I'm going to test this!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]