-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: using a filter with binary parameter
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:40 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I'm trying to use Filters (NHibernate version: 1.2.0 beta 3) for implementing a row-bases access control using a bitmask represented as a binary column in the database:

Filter Definition:
Code:
<filter-def name="OwnedObject">
  <filter-param name="ClientMask" type="binary"/>
</filter-def>

Filter usage:
Code:
<filter name="OwnedObject" condition="IsOwner(owner,:ClientMask) = 1)"/>

IsOwner is a stored function which does a bitwise comparision of the masks. When I enable the filter on the session with:
Code:
h.Session.EnableFilter( "OwnedObject" ).SetParameter( "ClientMask", ActiveMask );

I get a ADOException "Could not execute query". I tracked down the problem and found the origin of the problem in NHibernate.Engine.QueryParameter.ProcessFilter(...) line 406:
Code:
if (value != null && typeof(ICollection).IsAssignableFrom(value.GetType())) { ...

I've looked up the same piece of code in Hibernate 3.0 (QueryParameter.java, line 388):
Code:
if ( value != null && Collection.class.isAssignableFrom( value.getClass() ) ) {

Problem is that in .Net arrays implement ICollection and the condition evaluates to true unlike in java, where the condition is false. So the original sql statement
Code:
select partnerhea0_.uid as x0_0_ from sx.bus_partnerheader partnerhea0_ where SX.IsOwner(partnerhea0_.owner,:OwnedObject.ClientMask) = 1 and ((partnerhea0_.uid=?))

results in:
Code:
select partnerhea0_.uid as x0_0_ from sx.bus_partnerheader partnerhea0_ where SX.IsOwner(partnerhea0_.owner,?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) = 1 and ((partnerhea0_.uid=?))

which causes the ADOException. In my opinion this is a bug. Does anybody encountered the same problem or is using Filters in a similar approach ?

Any comments will be appreciated,

Thx in advance,
Wolfgang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:10 am 
Contributor
Contributor

This looks like a bug, please open a JIRA issue and attach a test case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:55 am 
Beginner
Beginner

This does look like a bug. However I was able to get this working by changing the

Code:
if (value != null && typeof(ICollection).IsAssignableFrom(value.GetType()))

to

Code:
if (value != null && type.IsCollectionType)

The reason I did this was because the NH types already have a IsCollectionType property so I checked it instead of depending on the IsAssignableFrom call

Is this a reasonable fix?

Job Samuel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:06 am 
Contributor
Contributor

No, this is not a valid fix. From the code it looks like the intent was to allow this:
Code:
<filter-param name="AllowedValues" type="int" />
<filter ... condition="SomeProperty in (:AllowedValues)" />

i.e. specify the type as an int, but pass a collection of ints instead, since it's not possible to specify the type of "collection of ints" in XML. I guess I would just fix it by making a special case for binary at this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:02 am 
Expert
Expert

I've opened a JIRA issue:

http://jira.nhibernate.org/browse/NH-882

Regards,
Wolfgang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:36 am 
Expert
Expert

Thx for the quick fix, works great now :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]