-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: EntityManager class autodetect issue
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 pm 
Regular
Regular

I am using Hibernate/Annotations/EntityManager 3.2.1 GA in JSE and I am having a problem with the EntityManager not loading classes from a directory other than the base where the persistence.xml resides. Here is my scenario:

I am using Maven2 as my build environment and it creates the source class output in the ./classes directory and the test classes in the ./test-classes directory. In the ./classes directory, resides the persistence.xml that I use when I deploy my classes to JBoss. In my ./test-classes directory, I have a persistence.xml that is needed for unit testing (outside of the jboss enviroment). Since the EntityManager uses this persistence.xml to create the EntityManagerFactory, it doesn't find any of my annotated classes because they exist in the classes directory. Is there anyway to get the entity manager to search the full classpath (I know this adds a ot of overhead) or a way to specifiy an override directory (this would probably require a hibernate specific property). Or does anyone know of a different way to solve this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:35 pm 

Hi,

I'm still an ant man, having managed to avoid maven so far. But if you run your tests with the classpath including the classes and test-classes directory, then this should work fine. It's what I'm doing for unit testing EJB3 using the ejb3 embedded container.

You'd think this is how maven would be running your tests by default, so I'm not sure what the problem is. In ant, I have something like:
Code:
   <path id="junit.classpath">
      <fileset dir="${lib.dir}/ejb3-embedded">
         <include name="*.jar" />
      </fileset>
      <pathelement location="${test.classes.dir}" />
      <pathelement location="${classes.dir}" />
      <pathelement location="${lib.dir}/ejb3-embedded/conf" />
   </path>

As long as I put "test.classes.dir" above my "class.dir", the correct persistence.xml gets picked up, and it finds my persistent class fine.

hope it helps,
D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:11 pm 
Regular
Regular

Are you bootstrapping the EntityManager or are you letting the ejb embedded container provide the EntityManager ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:16 pm 

I'm bootstrapping it myself. Here's my test setup code:
Code:
        EJB3StandaloneBootstrap.boot(null);
        deployer = EJB3StandaloneBootstrap.createDeployer();       
        deployer.getArchivesByResource().add("META-INF/persistence.xml");
        deployer.create();
        deployer.start();

ctx = new InitialContext();     
        em = (EntityManager) ctx.lookup("java:/EntityManagers/localUnitTestEM");
        tm = (TransactionManager) ctx.lookup("java:/TransactionManager");

ccanning wrote:
Are you bootstrapping the EntityManager or are you letting the ejb embedded container provide the EntityManager ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:02 pm 
Regular
Regular

Thanks for the info. In your case, the embedded EJB3 is resolving the entity manager and the class paths most likely (you are getting the entity manager from the ejb3 jndi (Context). I am using Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("persistence name);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:07 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... se/EJB-232

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:33 pm 
Regular
Regular

Thanks. That solved my problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]