-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Preprocessing an object before it is automatically persisted
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:17 pm 

Hello everyone.

I am currently using Hibernate 3.1.3.

I have an object A that has a reference to another object B, which has a reference to another object C and so on.

I have set up cascading save and update so that persistence of A automatically persists B and C and ....

Here is my question: to persist one of these object along the chain, say C for this conversation, I need to do some preprocessing of that object and then have it persisted (as usual). Since I don't explicitly call any API to persist C directly (it gets persisted as part of the persistence of A), what are the options to hook into the logic that does the persistence of C down the chain? Is there an event that I can listen to, or a callback that I can register, or a method that I can override?

Many thanks
Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:04 am 

Probably a hibernate interceptor is what you need...
You can pass the interceptor to the openSession method at the session factory...

see http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/re ... le/#events

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]