-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Maximum limit on batch-size?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:17 pm 
Senior
Senior

I am setting batch-size=30 on my collections, but NH is batching in groups of 10. Is there a maximum limit to the batch size? If so, can I increase it?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:59 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

There is no such limit that I am aware of, maybe you have only 10 uninitalized collections

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:02 pm 
Senior
Senior

Interesting. I think I have found a bug in NH. When using a batch-size on a child collection when the parent has a composite primary id, NH is not correctly counting the batch size. It is counting the number of parameters in the SQL command rather than the number of objects.

So if I have a composite id with 2 fields, the batch-size used actually half what it should be since there are twice as many parameters in the select statement.

Not sure if I am explaining this very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:21 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Can you create a simple test case showing the problem?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]