-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: problem with dependencies when installing hibernate tools
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:47 am 

hi, when I'm trying to install hibernate tools using eclipse update manager under linux (eclipse 3.2.1), despite I installed all the packages from Callisto, the manager still complains with a message:

Quote:
Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core".

It seems that JDT is an integral part of Eclipse SDK, so I don't actually know what's going on. Maybe some of you had a simillar problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:22 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

hmm...probably because you run eclipse with jdk 1.4 and thus apt does not get installed/loaded.

Apparently the update site does not have that dependency marked as optional so the update site requires jdk 1.5 (even though it does not have to). Please report it in our jira.

until then run eclipse with jdk 1.5 when you do the update; afterwards you can go back to jdk 1.4 if you have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:07 am 

You were right that I ran eclipse with 1.4 JVM, but switching to 1.5 didn't fix the problem. I still get the same error message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:47 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

so does your eclipse installation actually have that apt plugin ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:37 am 

I don't know. I thought it is installed with the eclipse 3.2 bundle. This is what they say on an APT plugin homepage:

Quote:
There are two versions of JDT-APT: one that is part of Eclipse 3.2 (as of M5), and another that runs on Eclipse 3.1.2, with a modified version of the JDT plug-in.

I don't think it is even possible to download the plugin apart from eclipse. So AFAIC everything should run out of the box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:46 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

did you check if you have it in your plugins directory ?

note: this won't be an issue in the newest version since we don't require the APT plugin anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:58 am 

no, there's no org.eclipse.jdt.apt directory in plugins' location; when are you going to release the new version of hibernate tools?

Last edited by wyborowiec on Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:00 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

so you *dont* have that apt plugin - so you don't have an eclipse 3.2 installation from Eclipse.org

next release is soon ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:03 am 

well, it's a gentoo package :/ I'll try with an original, binary one, but it's not recomended for my OS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:10 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

ok - so gentoo does not package the complete set of plugins as expected. Would be good if you reported that to the supplier of that package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:01 pm 

you were right, with the original package everything is fine, the plugin is present; I'll raise this issue on a gentoo forum; thanks a lot for an assistance

Post subject: Is there a way to install the plugin via the update manager?
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:17 am 

My install is a default Ubuntu install, and I am facing the same issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:09 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

so do the same as wyborowiec did....install an eclipse from eclipse.org or tell who ever bundles your eclipse to remember to include all the plugins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:26 pm 

As an alternative, you could add the missing plugins to your packaged install of eclipse. Below you can see how I did that on my ubuntu feisty. Make sure to check the version numbers in the plugin's names.

1. Download eclipse and copy the org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core and org.eclipse.jdt.apt.ui to /usr/lib/eclipse/plugins
2. Add the sections below to /usr/lib/eclipse/features/org.eclipse.jdt_3.2.2.r322_v20070104-R4CR0Znkvtfjv9-/features.xml
<plugin
id="org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core"
download-size="0"
install-size="0"
version="3.2.1.R32x_v20060822-2100"
unpack="false"/>

<plugin
id="org.eclipse.jdt.apt.ui"
download-size="0"
install-size="0"
version="3.2.1.R32x_v20060822-2100"
unpack="false"/>

That should do it for a regular install using eclipse gui. If you want to install the hibernate tools plugin using the command line, read on.

To use the command line plugin installer, presence of dependency plugins in /usr/lib/eclipse/plugins is not sufficient. All dependency plugins must be in /usr/lib/eclipse/features as well. Copy an existing dir in the features directory and rename it to the plugin's full name (including version). Next, edit feature.xml and feature.properties to match the plugin.

Hibernate tools dependencies:

Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.gef (3.2.0)", or later version. http://www.eclipse.org/gef/
*** Add draw2d (comes with gef) plugin to features directory as gef depends on it! ***

Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core (1.1.0)", or later version. http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst/main.php
*** Pay attention to dependencies! Download small (around 37Mb) file under "Web Tools Platform Complete" ***

Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core (1.1.0)", or later version.
Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui (1.1.0)", or later version.
Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.xml.core (1.1.0)", or later version.
Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.sse.core (1.1.0)", or later version.
Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui (1.0.100)", or later version.
Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui (1.0.101)", or later version.
Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.dtd.core (1.1.0)", or later version.
Hibernate Tools (3.2.0.beta8) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.common.ui (1.1.0)", or later version.

Finally install using the command (watch the versions again):
java -cp /usr/lib/eclipse/startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -application org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate -command install -from http://download.jboss.org/jbosside/updates/development -featureId org.hibernate.eclipse.feature -version 3.2.0.beta8 -Declipse.home=/usr/lib/eclipse/

Grtz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:56 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

or just use b9 which doesn't require apt anymore...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next