-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Java Persistence with Hibernate: Problem with Idea Projects
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:28 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I have downloaded the code for the examples with this book and am trying to get the "helloworld-jpa" example to work in Idea (version 6.0.2).

It works fine from ANT on the command line, but after opening the Idea files, I get a "Cannot resolve symbol" error on all of the annotation's attribute values.

For example in [Table(name="Messages"), Idea is reporting "Cannot resolve symbol" on the ["Messages"] portion of the line. The same is true for the rest of the static text. This prevents me from running the examples within Idea.

Is this a problem with the Idea, the project setup of the contents of the example?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:03 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Module configuration and library classpath wrong? If these are modules that shipped with the software, I created them with IntelliJ 5, not 6. Although that should be compatible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:33 pm 

This issue is resolved by disabling one of the inspections in the project.

In the Project Settings, you find the inspection settings under "Errors."

Turn off the following inspection:

Inspections > Java EE Issues > DataSource ORM Annotations Problems

Post subject: Solves problem yet...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:40 am 

Does anyone know how to fix the links so this checking can actually be useful in Intellij Idea? I would like to be able to use the feature when generating new beans...

Post subject: Re: Solves problem yet...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:53 am 

I encoutred a few times, i just did a 'rebuild project', prbolem went away.

midnight286 wrote:
Does anyone know how to fix the links so this checking can actually be useful in Intellij Idea? I would like to be able to use the feature when generating new beans...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:44 am 

I too have encountered this problem with IDEA 6 and could never satisfactorily resolve it.

Everything worked, but the HibernateTool just looked really ugly when underlined in red.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]