-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Table Messages doesn't exist
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:02 pm 

I am following along in Chapter 2 Starting a Project and am confused. The pages seem to be missing several steps like creating a database, and describing what HibernateUtil is all about. I am guessing my way through the deal and now get the message that table MESSAGES does not exist in my schema. I added

<mapping resource="mappings/Message.xml" />

to my hibernate.cfg.xml, as I tought this would create TABLES from xml mappings, but this does not seem to be the case. Am I correct to be using this section of the book as a first tutorial? It seems awfully confusing.

Thanks,
Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:34 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You are reading the MEAP draft. In the final book the sentence is "if you ran this application now, this stuff would happen".

"Ran" does not mean "Run". It means read on. And in the next paragraph it says again "You can't run it yet, you need to read on."

This was changed because another reader of MEAP had the same problem. I don't know into what else to change it to make it clearer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:54 pm 

christian wrote:
You are reading the MEAP draft. In the final book the sentence is "if you ran this application now, this stuff would happen".

"Ran" does not mean "Run". It means read on. And in the next paragraph it says again "You can't run it yet, you need to read on."

This was changed because another reader of MEAP had the same problem. I don't know into what else to change it to make it clearer.

Thanks Christian --

I saw sysout "output" in the text and expected to see the same. I'll go slower my bra. BTW, what is a MEAP draft?

Peace,
Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:54 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

An early access version of the ebook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:14 pm 

christian wrote:
An early access version of the ebook.

How do I get the current version? Also, the errata has one element wherein a single page of the PDF is to be downloaded. How about fixing the PDF while adding to the errata and also making the newest version of the PDF available? Would certainly be better to grab the latest version of the book each time I sit down to continue learning, than to read errata and make notes all over my desktop!

Just an idea,
Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:24 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

If you don't know what MEAP is, you don't have it.

The latest ebook (and yes, the errata is worked into updated prints, just not immediately) is available here: http://www.manning.com/bauer2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]