-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: HQL: does count(t) result in Int32 or Int64
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:03 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

there is another issue that seems to be changed from Beta1 to Beta2: when I use in an HQL query the construct "count(t)" the result is an Int64 while "count(*)" results in an Int32. Is that intended?

Why don't they both result in an Int64? I couldn't find the appropriate location in the source.

Regards,
Dominik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:17 am 
Contributor
Contributor

In Beta2 the type of count(...) depends on the argument. I'll fix the default to be Int64.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:41 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Okay, good to know that. I am sure that without this information I would have search quite a time for the errors in my code ;-)

Another issue in Beta2: When your mapping file has the wrong namespace: i.e. 2.0 and you query with a criterion, you don't receive a "mapping wrong" exception, but an "AssertionFailure: null id in entry (don't flush the Session after an exception occurs)]". It would have been nice if the exception told the user that there is something wrong with the mapping files.

But except of these issues beta2 seems to run flawlessly :-) Thanks for your great work, sergey!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:42 am 
Contributor
Contributor

That one is a known issue that I have decided not to fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:54 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Okay, a can understand this decision quite well, as this isn't a show stopper and there are certainly a lot of much more important issues.

Anyway thanks again for your great work!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]