-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: WinApp: Unknown Entity error; NOT an embedded resource issue
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:53 pm 

I am getting the common "unknown entity:" error when saving, but to start it off, all of my hbm.xml files are set to embedded resource.

I've narrowed the problem down to an entityset that is contained within a component, which is in turn contained in a larger class. ie

<class>
<property>
<property>
<component>
<property>
<set>
</component>
</class>

When I go to save, everything works IF the <set> contained within the <component> is empty. If the <set> has anything in it, I get an unknown entity error on the class associated with the component. It's got to have something to do with the <set> as I don't get the error if the <set> is empty, and the other regular <property> values within <component> are stored in the db just fine.

Ok, so details:

Log File:
I think the issue shows up in the log file here:
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Init compiler for class CBPDataEntry.Domain.MaritalStatus
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Adding referenced assembly C:\Documents and Settings\nick.kirkes\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\CBPDataEntry\CBPDataEntry\bin\Debug\NHibernate.dll
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Adding referenced assembly C:\Documents and Settings\nick.kirkes\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\CBPDataEntry\CBPDataEntry\bin\Debug\CBPDataEntry.exe
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Adding referenced assembly C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Adding referenced assembly C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Adding referenced assembly C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Adding referenced assembly C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Adding referenced assembly C:\Documents and Settings\nick.kirkes\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\CBPDataEntry\CBPDataEntry\bin\Debug\NHibernate.Generics.dll
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Adding referenced assembly C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll
2006-11-09 15:30:44,199 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Adding referenced assembly C:\Documents and Settings\nick.kirkes\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\CBPDataEntry\CBPDataEntry\bin\Debug\log4net.dll
2006-11-09 15:30:44,214 [1148] INFO NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - Disabling reflection optimizer for class CBPDataEntry.Domain.MaritalStatus
2006-11-09 15:30:44,214 [1148] DEBUG NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory [(null)] <(null)> - CodeDOM compilation failed
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory.GenerateCode()
at NHibernate.Persister.GetSetHelperFactory.CreateGetSetHelper()

The Unknown error comes back on CBPDataEntry.Domain.MaritalStatus. Keep in mind that when I view the object just before it's sent to the db, the object is NOT null, it's fine. And this only happens when that <set> collection has something in it.

Here is the mapping for the <component>:

<component name="MaritalStatus" class="CBPDataEntry.Domain.MaritalStatus, CBPDataEntry">
<property name="CurrentMaritalStatus" column="MaritalStatus" />
<property name="SpouseName" column="SpouseName" />
<property name="SpouseBirthDate" column="SpouseBirthDate" />
<property name="SpouseBirthPlace" column="SpouseBirthPlace" />
<property name="SpouseSSN" column="SpouseSSN" />
<set
lazy="false"
inverse="true"
name="SpouseOtherNames"
access="NHibernate.Generics.GenericAccessor+PascalCaseMUnderscore, NHibernate.Generics"
table="SpouseOtherNames"
cascade="all-delete-orphan">
<key column="SubjectId" />
<one-to-many class="CBPDataEntry.Domain.SpouseOtherName, CBPDataEntry" />
</set>
<property name="SpouseCitizenCountry" column="SpouseCitizenCountry" />
<property name="MarriageDate" column="MarriageDate" />
<property name="MarriagePlace" column="MarriagePlace" />
<property name="MarriageState" column="MarriageState" />
<property name="SeperationDate" column="SeperateDate" />
<property name="SeperationRecordLocation" column="SeperateRecordLocation" />
<property name="SeperationState" column="SeperateRecordState" />
<property name="SpouseAddress" column="SpouseAddress" />
<property name="SpouseState" column="SpouseState" />
<property name="SpouseZipCode" column="SpouseZipCode" />
</component>

and here is the mapping for the <set> (obviously contained in it's own hbm):

<class name="CBPDataEntry.Domain.SpouseOtherName, CBPDataEntry" table="SpouseOtherNames">
<id name="OtherNameId" column="Id" unsaved-value="0">
<generator class="native" />
</id>
<property name="LastName" column="LastName" />
<property name="FirstName" column="FirstName" />
<property name="MiddleName" column="MiddleName" />
<property name="Suffix" column="Suffix" />
<property name="FromDate" column="FromDate" />
<property name="ToDate" column="ToDate" />
<many-to-one
name="ParentObject"
column="SubjectId"
access="NHibernate.Generics.GenericAccessor+PascalCaseMUnderscore, NHibernate.Generics"
class="CBPDataEntry.Domain.SpouseOtherName, CBPDataEntry" />
</class>

The code that saves this mess:

session = Program.NHSession;
transaction = session.BeginTransaction();
session.SaveOrUpdate(section);
transaction.Commit();
... where section is a class that contains public properties along with a component MaritalStatus property.

When I break on the above code, on the SaveOrUpdate call, I can see that all the appropriate objects are NOT null. They have the correct data in them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Unknown entity class error.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:29 pm 

Hi Jetson,

I don't know if this will help, but I was having a similar problem and everywhere I looked, the only solution was set file to 'Embedded', even though I had already done that. The problem was completely boneheaded on my part, hopefully it's the same with you. :-)

I've just been playing around with NHibernate for the past couple of days using VB.NET and a Windows App.

I've was working off of the NHibernate Quick Start Guide and in trying to get it working, was cutting and pasting things all over the place. Eventually I ended up with...

Code:
cfg.AddAssembly("...")

...in the wrong place. Rather than having it right after declaring the Configuration object, I had it after...

Code:
factory.OpenSession()

I moved it back to where it should be, and after that, things worked fine.

Cheers,
Chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]