-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ora10g TableType changz2 SYSTEM TABLE if SYS present in UsrN
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:24 pm 

Hi there,
In my VC app, I am enumerating user's tables (Oracle 10g) using CreateAccessor and GetNextRows etc. I am filtering the records on the basis of the table type e.g.
if( strTableType.CompareNoCase(_T("TABLE"))==0)
//Add the table name to combo box

This works fine for other users like "AMJAD" etc, but if the user has “sys” in her name, e.g. "ABCSYS", it does not work as suspected. Debugging the app revealed that in this case, the table type has been changed somehow to "SYSTEM TABLE".

I used the oracle web console to check this and guess what, it shows the table type as "TABLE". Look here;
Schema | SegmentName | Type | Tablespace | SpaceUsed | SpaceAllocated WastedSpace
ABCSYS | TEST | TABLE | ABCSYS_DATA | 8.00 | 64.00 | 87.50

My question is, does Oracle really change the table type if the user has "sys" in her name or is this name against the oracle naming convention or am I missing something? Has anyone came across such problem?

Cordially,
M.AmjaD

Post subject: Re: Ora10g TableType changes 2 SYSTEM TABLE if "SYS&quo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:11 am 

Hi there,
I performed two tests using Microsoft Development Environment 2003;

Trying to retrieve tables for a user with "SYS" in her name e.g. “ABCSYS” utilizing Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle successfully retrieved a list of user tables, while the Oracle Provider for OLE DB failed to do so. The point to note here is that both providers successfully retrieved the tables for other users with no "SYS" in their names e.g. “AMJAD”.

This makes me think that the problem lies with the Oracle provider for OLE DB. If yes, can I find any official word on this?

Cordially,
M.AmjaD

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]