-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: generated SQL produces "ORA-00904: invalid identifier&a
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:57 pm 

Hi,

I am using JBoss 4.0.3SP1 with the included hibernate3.jar. We deploy a HAR within an EAR. The whole mapping is ok and all beans/tables can be used.

Our only problem is a HQL select which is translated into a malformed Oracle SQL.

Code:
select s, tgs.gradeSubject.grade,
      s.scheduleRoster,
      tgs.teacherFacility.facility,
      tgs.gradeSubject.subject,
      tgs.gradeSubject
from Schedule s inner join s.teacherGradeSubjects tgs
where tgs.teacherFacility.teacherFacilityId = ?
and s.validFrom >= ?
and s.validUntil <= ?

This maps to:

Code:
select *
from esa_schedule schedule0_
inner join esa_scheduleTeacherGradeSubj teachergra1_ on schedule0_.schedule_id=teachergra1_.schedule_id
inner join esa_teacherGradeSubject teachergra2_ on teachergra1_.teacher_grade_subject_id=teachergra2_.teacher_grade_subject_id,
esa_gradeSubject gradesubje3_
inner join esa_grade grade4_ on gradesubje3_.grade_id=grade4_.grade_id
inner join esa_subject subject9_ on gradesubje3_.subject_id=subject9_.subject_id,
esa_teacherFacility teacherfac6_
inner join esa_facility facility7_ on teacherfac6_.facility_id=facility7_.facility_id
inner join esa_scheduleRoster schedulero5_ on schedule0_.schedule_roster_id=schedulero5_.schedule_roster_id
where teachergra2_.teacher_facility_id=teacherfac6_.teacher_facility_id
and teachergra2_.grade_subject_id=gradesubje3_.grade_subject_id
and teachergra2_.teacher_facility_id=?
and schedule0_.valid_from>=?
and schedule0_.valid_until<=?

The problem is in the position of the inner join of the ScheduleRoster.

inner join esa_scheduleRoster schedulero5_ on schedule0_.schedule_roster_id=schedulero5_.schedule_roster_id

It results into an: ORA-00904: "SCHEDULE0_"."SCHEDULE_ROSTER_ID": invalid identifier

After the "," in the from an reference to the table alias is not possible anymore. If I move the join directly after the from esa_schedule schedule0_, the select works perfectly. Other possibility is to remove the "," and use inner joins on all conditions.

How can i force such a behaviour or get around that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:05 am 

I have done some research in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Forum.

The last message was that it is not allowed to mix joins by "," and ANSI-JOINS. So I assume this is a bug in the generation of Queries in Hibernate.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]