-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: EOFException when trying to do a query/deserializing an obje
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:44 pm 

I'm getting an EOFException when trying to do a query with Hibernate. Here's the root cause in my stack trace:

Caused by: java.io.EOFException
at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.hibernate.util.SerializationHelper$CustomObjectInputStream.<init>(SerializationHelper.java:252)
at org.hibernate.util.SerializationHelper.deserialize(SerializationHelper.java:209)
... 125 more

It looks like the problems start in org.hibernate.type.SerializableType.get(ResultSet rs, String name)

In the line that reads "byte[] bytes = (byte[]) Hibernate.BINARY.get(rs, name);", the array returned is of length 1, and contains only the byte [49].

From there, it all goes downhill, as this byte array is passed to the ObjectInputStream, which complains that this isn't a valid object stream, I guess.

Not sure where to go from here. As far as I can tell, the POJO model classes are correct, the mapping XML file is correct, the DB table structure is correct, etc.

Where should I look next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:16 pm 

I got the source code for my SQL driver and dug a bit deeper with the debugger. The query statement given to the SQL driver is:

Code:
com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement[32] - select normalreso0_.id as id11_, normalreso0_.UserId as UserId11_, normalreso0_.deleted as deleted11_, normalreso0_.path as path11_, normalreso0_.type as type11_, normalreso0_.kbAssetTypeId as kbAssetT6_11_, normalreso0_.subProject as subProject11_ from Resource normalreso0_ where normalreso0_.deleted = 0 and normalreso0_.id=179 and normalreso0_.deleted=0

Is this name mangling normal? What it calls "normalreso0_" is actually "normalResource" in the XML mapping file, and "resource" in the DB table.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD 3.0//EN" "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd" >
<hibernate-mapping>
   <class name="com.castortech.iris.database.projectrepository.modelobjects.NormalResource" table="Resource" where="deleted = 0">
      <id name="id">
         <generator class="increment" />
      </id>
      <property name="UserId"/>
      <property name="deleted" />
      <property name= "path" />
      <property name="type"/>
      <property name="kbAssetTypeId" />
      <property name="subProjectId" column="subProject"/>
   </class>
</hibernate-mapping>

Code:
CREATE TABLE `resource` (
  `id` int(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `UserId` int(8) default NULL,
  `path` varchar(250) default NULL,
  `deleted` tinyint(1) default NULL,
  `type` int(8) default NULL,
  `KBassetTypeId` int(8) default NULL,
  `subProject` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=180 ;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:59 pm 

Nevermind about the name mangling. I didn't see the from Resource normalreso0_.

After a bit more debugging, I see that the ResultSet is correctly populated. I also have an explanation for the 49 in the byte array. 49 is the ASCII code for the character '1', and 1 is the value of type for the resource with id = 179. So for whatever reason, it's taking the value in the type column and converting it to a string, then converting that string to a byte array, and then trying to use the byte array to deserialize into an object. Any idea why this would happen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:50 pm 

Issue is fixed. In the SQL table, I declared "type" to be an int, but in the model object it was an enum. I added a UserType and now all is working.

Any way I can mark my own posts as being helpful? ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]