-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: newbie lost again
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:13 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

Earlier I've hit the problem on :

"Could not load type 'RHU.LicenseeCandidate, NHibernate, Version=1.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=154fdcb44c4484fc', check that type and assembly names are correct"

With some fellows' help here earlier on, I've once succeeded (but after improving the program further, I hit problem on this again without knowing why the problem comes back again).

My procedures:
1) in Visual C# Express, I created a Class project

- I've a C# class LicenseeCandidate.cs file
- I've the mapping LicenseeCandidate.hbm.xml file . In the Build box, I set this to Embedded Resoure.
- The project assembly is named RHU.RAIS (my LicenseeCandidate.cs class use the namespace RHU.RAIS as well. but I think no conflict, right?)

- after compiled, RHU.RAIS.dll is generated

Part of the xml file:
"<hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.0">
<class name="RHU.RAIS.LicenseeCandidate, RHU.RAIS" table="LicenseeCandidate">"

2) in Visual Studio Web Developer Express, I included RHU.RASI.dll and other necessary files as REFERENCE.

I was testing the SchemaExport function. So, I've these lines

Configuration cfg = new Configuration();
cfg.Configure();
cfg.AddXMLFile(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/App_Code/LicenseeCandidate.hbm.xml"));
SchemaExport se = New SchemaExport(cfg);
se.Create(true, true);

The above is fine and good feelings that I see the table created in database successfully. However, if I were not using the AddXMLFile to point to path, I hit the above-mentioned error when using cfg.AddAssembly("RHU.RAIS");
(or if I use cfg.AddClass(typeof(LicenseeCandidate)) which say can't find the LicenseeCandidate.hbm.xml file (which I said I've embedded as resource)

I've tested by creating an instance of LicenseeCandidate. I write out the class's GetType().FullName and it displays correctly that it is RHU.RAIS.Licensee.Candidate. The Assembly name is correct.

What's wrong on loading the Assembly?

My hiberante.cfg.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<nhibernate xmlns="urn:nhibernate-configuration-2.0" >
<session-factory name="RHU.RAIS">
<!-- properties -->
<property name="connection.provider">NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider</property>
<property name="connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.SqlClientDriver</property>
<property name="connection.connection_string">Server=localhost;initial catalog=RAIS;User Id=dba;Password=</property>
<property name="show_sql">false</property>
<property name="dialect">NHibernate.Dialect.MsSql2000Dialect</property>
<property name="use_outer_join">true</property>
<!--
these are different than the values in app.config so I can verify these
are being picked up
-->
<property name="command_timeout">444</property>
<property name="query.substitutions">true 1, false 0, yes 1, no 0</property>
<!-- mapping files -->
<!-- are now optional -->
/>
<!-- -->
</session-factory>

</nhibernate>

Your advice much much appreciated TWICE MORE. Thanks!
jL

NHibernate version 1.02

MS SQL Server 2005 Express

Post subject: Re: newbie lost again
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:06 am 
Expert
Expert

fly2moon2 wrote:
cfg.AddXMLFile(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/App_Code/LicenseeCandidate.hbm.xml"));

Well, as You did embbed the hbm as resource, You probly want to call
cfg.AddAssemly() instead of AddXmlFile. And the "~/App_Code/LicenseeCandidate.hbm.xml" file probly contains out-of-date data?

Gert

Post subject: clarify
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:41 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't describe well: I meant I don't have problem using the AddXMLFile method. But if I use AddAssembly method, I hit problem...

Post subject: Re: clarify
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:59 am 
Expert
Expert

fly2moon2 wrote:
I didn't describe well: I meant I don't have problem using the AddXMLFile method. But if I use AddAssembly method, I hit problem...

Sorry, my bad....

In this case, can You verify that the Bin directory of web project copntains correct version of RHU.RAIS.dll file.

Another thing to try: Rebuild the RHU.RAIS.dll to be sure that the correct version of hbm file resource is included..

Gert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:41 am 

I don't know if you have solved the problem, but by the way you adviced me, my project begins to run. So, currently in my case I don't use neither AddXMLFile nor AddAssemly. Instead of that, I write:
Code:
cfg.AddAssembly(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["HBM_ASSEMBLY"]);

where HBM_ASSEMBLY is a key in the web.config like this:
Code:
<add key="HBM_ASSEMBLY" value="NHibernateSample.Core"/>

All I use comes from the article at http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/NHibernateBestPractices.asp[/url]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]