-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: many-to-many question
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:03 am 

Hello,

I have a question about a many-to-many association. I guess it will be the best to describe my question with an example.

I have one class containing al list object.

Code:
class MyList
{
private List<IAnimal> myAnimals = new List<IAnimal>();

public List<IAnimal> MyAnimals
{
get{ return myAnimals ; }
set{ myAnimals = value; }
}
}

and a second class representing (for example) a dog. This class implements the IAnimal interface that I want to use in the MyList-Class.

Code:
class Dog : IAnimal
{
private String name = "";

public String Name;
{
get{ return name; }
set{ name= value; }
}
}

In the MyList-Class I used the generic List<IAnimal> list to point out that I have a list, containing several object types (btw. I'm free to use any other "List-Type" if necessary)

I am new to NHibernate and all the examples (I have read so far) demonstrate a many-to-many accociation with a constant object-type. (At least that's how I understood the examples ;-) ).

My question is if it is possible to map such "multi-type-lists" with NHibernate and if the answer is yes, it would be great when someone could tell me how to do this :-).

I want to thank you for your answers.

SunX

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]