-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: DetachedCriteria & Distinct on a table not just a proper
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:04 pm 

Hi

I try to figure out how to use the distinct projection object with the DetachedCriteria on a table and not just a column(property) of a table.

For a property it would be like this:

Code:
Criteria cr = session.createCriteria("hr.klopa.domain.FoodItem").setProjection(Projections.distinct(Projections.property("name")));

but how can I use the destinct feature on the whole table and not just on a property e.g. select distinct * from table

Any help is very much appreciated

Cheers
Rolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:21 am 
Expert
Expert

Yep, there are a couple of ways. Projections.property("this") is the equivalent of * in that situation, I think. You should end up with "distinct col1 as col11_, col2 as col21_, ..." in your generated SQL, so it'll be more verbose than "distinct *" but completely analagous.

If that doesn't work, this should:
Code:
Projections.sqlProjection("distinct *", String[] {""}, Type[] {Hibernate.INTEGER})

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]